The counselling department at Selkirk Secondary School assists students with a wide variety of personal, educational and career-related concerns.
- Personal counselling: for students who are experiencing personal difficulties which interfere with their academic, social, and/or family life.
- Educational counselling: choosing appropriate courses and making educational plans; information on graduation requirements; identifying post-secondary education and training requirements.
- Career counselling: helps students explore their own interests, abilities, and strengths; assists with setting career goals; helps with planning strategies to reach career goals.
- Information and referral services: accesses current selection of university and college calendars, apprenticeship program brochures and other materials; provides information on financial assistance and loans, scholarships and bursaries; provides referrals and services with community agencies, educational institutions, government agencies, and the business community.
- It is our hope that through the resources available in the Counselling Department, students will be better informed and able to make appropriate decisions for themselves now and in the future. Parents are invited to discuss any matter of concern by calling or emailing Ryan McIndoe or Jeff Pew