Grade 12 Timeline
Selkirk Secondary Grade 12 Timeline 2021/22
- Start a post secondary file with important information: PEN number; SIN; list of volunteer activities; update your resume; obtain current letters of reference (have this information readily available, to support scholarship and post secondary school applications).
- Ensure your courses meet BC graduation requirements (80 credit minimum).
Use Graduation Requirement planning form (online under Grad Zone), and see Mr. Pew if unsure.
- Identify post secondary schools you may be interested in attending, and ensure that your courses meet their entrance requirements.
- Continue to explore post secondary plans: visit Mr. Pew and Mr. McIndoe.
- Review post secondary school application dates and deadlines. Apply where appropriate.
- Research scholarship opportunities, and apply when appropriate:
See Grad Zone on the Selkirk website for more scholarship information. Also, visit post secondary schools' financial aid webpage. Internal Selkirk scholarship applications will be available in April.
- Meet with Mr. McIndoe to review & sign your TVR (Transcript Verification Report), sent to schools by the Ministry of Education to ensure graduation credits are in place.
- Check for additional information that your post secondary school might require (essays, portfolios, reference letters, etc.)
- Attend Grade 12 meetings to discuss important graduation information.
- Complete the student transcript form:
This will ensure your 2nd semester midterm marks, final marks & transcripts are sent to the post secondary institute automatically. Really important to complete.
- Final chance to apply to post secondary programs. Many have February 28 (or earlier!) deadlines.
- Apply for housing if needed
- Submit online marks (or ask Mrs. Foulkes to submit paper based marks) if required.
- Flower Basket Fundraiser forms due to the office by Monday, February 28
- Many universities/colleges will ask you to self-report grades
- Follow-up with the institution about any uncertainties (eg. Residence; marks; admission status; deadlines; paperwork, fees, etc).
- Internal Scholarship meeting with grade 12's.
- May 10: Selkirk Internal Scholarship applications due
- May 30-31st: District Authority Scholarship Presentations
- Some institutions will require you to send a registration deposit by the end of the month
- Grad eligibility list is posted.
- Grad stage write-ups due to the office
- Grad Ceremonies and Prom!
- If needed apply for Student Loans: https://studentaidbc.ca/